January is National Cervical Cancer Screening Month! Cancer-fighting organizations stress the importance of screenings for Cervical Cancer during this time.
Here are a few facts about Cervical Cancer to raise awareness:
- Cervical Cancer is the second most common type of cancer found in women.
- Cervical Cancer is one of the most treatable cancers.
- About 12,000 women will be diagnosed with Cervical Cancer per year.
- About half of the patients are between the ages of 35 and 55.
- Cervical Cancer can be diagnosed through the Papanicolaou (Pap) test.
- Doctors suggest getting the first Pap test at the age of 21 and the last one at the age of 70 with about three year intervals.
- Cervical Cancer be treated through surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy.
Always share these facts about Cervical Cancer to spread awareness and stop the battle against cancer. Sharing this post could save someone’s life! You would be saving a whole circle of family and friends from a roller coaster of emotions.